To our Fort Worth community agencies and nonprofit friends:
Thank you for all that you do to serve and invest in Fort Worth, North Texas and the community we share.
For more than 85 years, the Junior League of Fort Worth, Inc. (“JLFW” or the “League”) has supported our city by providing funding and trained volunteers to support area non-profit, tax exempt organizations whose initiatives are aligned with the interests and vision of the League.
Recognizing that you may have needs and ideas to encourage partnership between our organizations, the 2016-2017 Board of Directors would like to invite you to join us for:
The JLFW’s 2016 Community Agency Orientation
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
8 – 9 a.m.
255 Bailey Avenue
Our annual orientation is designed to help your agency clearly understand each opportunity to work with the JLFW and identify which opportunity may be the best fit for your organization’s needs. These include:
* Project opportunities, which are 50-hour per person commitments to serve with your organization and include a grant fund to bring a specific project to fruition
* Placement opportunities, which are specific opportunities for our women to serve 50 hours per person with your organization
* Done-In-A-Day opportunities, which are short 3-hour shifts for our volunteers
* Day of Giving opportunities, which revolve around two days of focused service per JLFW year
* Community Opportunities Fund opportunities, which fund immediate community needs and specific sponsorships
Applications for Projects, Placements, Done-in-a-Day, Day of Giving, and Community Opportunities Fund opportunities will be available online following the meeting. These applications will be due no later than Wednesday, June 1, 2016, at 3 p.m.
If your agency currently receives JLFW volunteers, we encourage you to attend the orientation and submit an application.
Please RSVP by Friday, April 1. Should you have any questions, please call the office at 817.332.7500 and we will assist you.
2016-2017 Community Vice President
The Junior League of Fort Worth, Inc.