In 2019, the Junior League of Fort Worth (JLFW) announced its intent to start a diaper bank: the JLFW Diaper Bank. Our goal is for the JLFW to serve as a mobilizer and connecter for diaper need in Tarrant County.
The JLFW Diaper Bank, to be housed at the Tarrant Area Food Bank, will officially open on July 1, 2020.
HOW A DIAPER BANK CARES FOR OUR COMMUNITY
- Supporting Health: Diaper need is a health crisis. When individuals do not have the means to provide enough clean diapers for daily use, health risks rise.
- Supporting Fort Worth: The JLFW has identified a gap in services provided in Fort Worth relative to diaper need. Our women believe we can successfully fill this gap and assist our community.
- Supporting Inclusivity: A diaper bank has a broad outreach within Tarrant County, and is a direct response to those in need and caught in poverty.
ABOUT THE JLFW DIAPER BANK
- The JLFW Diaper Bank distributes supplies exclusively to approved Partner Agencies in order to best serve the community. We are unable to serve individuals and will direct them to partner agencies
- The focus of the JLFW Diaper Bank is diapers of all sizes, including adult diapers.
- The JLFW Diaper Bank obtains diapers through diaper drives, grants and purchasing at a discount.
- In March 2020, the JLFW Diaper Bank became a Community Partner with the National Diaper Bank Network. Membership in the National Diaper Bank Network (“NDBN”) includes tools to help raise awareness of diaper need, access to grant funding and diaper purchasing programs.
The JLFW accepts applications from local nonprofit agencies to participate with us. The application process includes the following steps:
- Agency completes the JLFW Diaper Bank Application on the JLFW Agency Portal. Click here for instructions on how to create an account or login at www.juniorleaguefw.org.
- JLFW Diaper Bank Leadership Team reviews applications during the last week of each month.
- Approved agencies receive a JLFW Diaper Bank Order Form.
- The JLFW Diaper Bank fulfills orders.
- Agency picks up order at Tarrant Area Food Bank upon receipt of email stating order is ready.
If you have any questions about the JLFW Diaper Bank, please reach out to the JLFW Diaper Bank committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.